Pathways to Success
Deepening our knowledge and understanding of new and emerging technologies to provide students with pathways to success.
What is Online Learning?
- Online learning always involves an internet connection and can include virtual face-to-face interactions (webinar, online lecture, virtual meeting).
- Uses online tools for learning, such as online curriculum or virtual space or conferencing software.
- Could be considered a mix of virtual learning and blended learning.
What is E-Learning?
- E-Learning utilizes digital tools for teaching and learning, and the technology facilitates the learning process.
- Can be used online or in a classroom setting.
- Students take a course from a teacher but only interact with the teacher online.
- Students have unlimited access to the content.
- The course completion, program, or degree is distributed online.
What Is Distance Learning?
- The structure is the same as online learning.
- Specific purpose is to attract students from all locations.
- Can provide instruction to someone learning in a different time and place than that of the teacher and other students.
What is Blended Learning?
- Blended learning is the combination of classroom and virtual learning.
- Ideally integrates virtual learning in a way that individualizes and enhances instruction for students.